You can submit your model to be solved at NEOS via the neos terminal command. Use the command line helper graphical interface to execute a neos command:
Alternatively, type your command directly into the terminal. Checkout out our NEOS usage examples.
Limitations of NEOS and the neos command
Unsupported AMPL statements
- model : use the --model command line option to submit your model file.
- data, table : use the --data command line option to submit a data file.
- include : use the --commands command line option to submit a script file.
- option solver : use the --solver command line option to select the solver.
- shell, read <- : the AMPL interpreted is executed in server mode, in which these and other commands are disabled.
Time and memory limits
By default, your jobs will run for at most 5 minutes. If you need more time, use the --priority long command line option, which will allow your job to run for at most 8 hours. However, the output of long jobs can only be seen after completion. Additionally, every job submitted to the NEOS Server is limited to 3 GB of RAM. Learn more at the NEOS FAQ.
There is no way to submit any kind of binary file to NEOS, which means that .xls and .xlsx files are not supported. Additionally, NEOS cannot accept input files larger than 16 MB.
Dynamically generated files
Dynamically generated files will not be returned. Make sure you print your results directly into the terminal.
List of available solvers